Council of Civic Association
City Hall 8th Floor
June 28, 2010, 5:30 PM
Board Meeting Minutes
1. Call to order. The meeting was called to order by President Doug Sterner at 5:35 PM.
2. Board members present: Genia Duncan Ellis, Juanita Gray, Marilyn Mammano, Donna Mergenhagen, David Parker, Betty Shelley, Shirley Smith, Doug Sterner, Bruce Tanner and Tom Welch.
Board members absent: Gabriel Ocasio-Davila, and Drew Pickens
3. Approval of Minutes. Approval of the May minutes was tabled until the next meeting.
4. Treasurers Report. Tom Welch deferred treasurers report since report was given at recent general membership meeting. An updated report will be provided at the next meeting.
5. New Business.
Florida Neighborhood Conference. Two representatives are scheduled to attend the upcoming conference as Ron Centamore, who was originally going to attend, will not be able to attend,
A discussion took place regarding subsidizing attendees for the Neighborhood Conference, including who should be the recipient of any funds whether they are a board member or a general member and if there is a maximum number of potential attendees.
One board member and one rep from each district is the goal for attendance and subsiding through the council with $500.00 for the annual budget amount with allocation being determined annually. A motion was made by Genia Duncan Ellis to retain the current budget allocation of $500 in the upcoming year and leave up for discussion how it is to be allocated, seconded by Betty Shelley. One opposed otherwise approved.
Council Comments on NDCR Initiative.
Genia Ellis indicated that she is expecting two more sets of comments on the submission to the commission based on the input from the council regarding the Prospective Neighborhood Prospective Plan dated July 10, 2007. A review of some of the comments received took place as well as a discussion about the plan itself.
6. Committee Reports. Committee reports were tabled until the next board meeting.
7. General Meeting July 13, 2010 Agenda
Greg Brewton, from the Planning and Zoning Department is scheduled to speak.
It was also suggested that any additional comments for the NDCR being submitted prior to the next meeting.
8. Old Business.
There was no further old business to discuss.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6: 27 p.m.
Bruce Tanner, Recording Secretary