Council of Civic Association
Board Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2011
City Hall, 8th Floor
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by President Doug Sterner at 5:30 pm.
2. Attendance: Present were President Sterner, Past President Genia Ellis, 1st Vice President Marilyn Mammano, Corresponding Secty Donna Mergenhagen, Recording Secty Rochelle Golub, District 1 Rep Linda Nugent, District 2 Rep Shirley Smith, District 3 Rep Joann Kitchen Simmons, Chairman of Committees Ron Centamore. Absent were 2nd Vice President Betty Shelley, Treasurer Madelene Klein, and District IV Rep Jackie Scott. A quorum was declared. Also in attendance were Raymond Detmann and Cathy Curry.
3. Minutes: The Board deferred approval of the minutes of the May 23, 2011 meeting.
4. Treasurer’s Report: No Treasurer’s Report was presented. President Sterner reported that the changes to the signatories to the checking account were completed and Ms. Klein had access to all accounts and deposits.
5. The Agenda for the July 12, 2011 General Meeting was presented and discussed. The Agenda will reflect the extended meet and greet for City Manager Lee Feldman . It will also reflect that the Council sponsored attendees at the Florida Neighborhoods Conference will give their reports. Ms. Mergenhagen stated that she would give an update on the vote on the by-laws.
6. The summer meeting schedule was discussed in light of the potential for Winter & Co. to submit revisions to Draft 1 of Neighborhood Development Criteria Revisions Project sometime this summer to be workshopped by the P&Z Board in August and presented for approval at the September meeting. The consensus of the meeting was that the Board and General meetings in July and August would proceed as scheduled without a summer break. The consensus of the meeting was that a letter should be prepared and sent to Staff that states that (i) CFLCA understands that the Winter & Co. redraft is anticipated to be published shortly and brought to a workshop before the Planning and Zoning Board and (ii) CFLCA respectfully requests time to circulate the redraft to the neighborhood members, gather comments, and prepare comments before the redraft is brought to the Planning and Zoning Board for a vote.
7. Membership Committee. Ms. Mammano reported that the planned District III event was going to be rescheduled.
8. Florida Neighborhoods Conference. The Board voted to reimburse a fifth attendee to the Florida Neighborhoods Conference. President Sterner stated that CFLCA would have a table at the FNC at no cost. He stated that a new CFLCA color brochure was being printed at no cost to the Council. He requested that Ms. Mergenhagen remind the neighborhoods to submit newsletters and other materials about their neighborhood for display on the table.
9. Ms. Golub reported on her research to date on options for upgrading the website to a content management system. She will continue to investigate costs and options. Other Board members will do the same. It was agreed that Ms. Golub and Past President Ellis who is currently the sole administrator for the website will meet to review the website and expand administration rights to other Board members to better ensure timely uploading of relevant information to the site.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm